|Coordinator: Carlos Linares |
Phone: (502) 2336-6010
Beginning date: Enero 2014
End date: Septiembre 2016
Geographic area: Guatemala
- Parlimentarians, investigators, prosecutors and new judiciary will be trained on ILS to enable the adoption of legislation reflecting ILS and to ensure more effective investigations and prosecution and efficient processing of cases involving violations of the integrity of trade unionists and employers, and with respect to violations of national legislation and ILS, both in the public and private sectors. Impunity cases have decreased .
- Consolidation of the existing database of criminal cases and threats against trade union leaders and their families, as well as employers, which support the work of prosecutors and attorneys in the performance of their duties has been consolidated.
- Consolidation of the mechanisms, procedures and communication tools for the Public Prosecutor’s office which improve information flow with victims of labor violence and their families, increase transparency and improve effectiveness of remedial action.
- The capacity of the Ministry of Labor and Social Security has been strengthened to institutionalize ongoing inspector training, research and adopt technical and administrative measures for the improvement of General Labor Inspection Office services.
- The General Labor Inspection Office applies the procedures, tools and periods, particularly in the agricultural and maquila sectors in order to improve their services.
- The technical capacity of the Ministry of Labor, employers' and workers’ organizations to monitor the enforcement of domestic and international labor law is strengthened, taking special attention to the maquila and agricultural sectors.
- The capacity of the National Tripartite Commission and the Economic and Social Council has improved and its members has been strengthened
- The Committee for the Settlement of Dispute in the area of Freedom of Association and Collective Bargaining has been strengthened
- The inter-institutional coordination mechanism between the Ministry of Labor and Social Security, the Attorney General’s Office and the Judicial Organism is strengthened.
- Bipartite social dialogue in the public sector, particularly in municipalities has been strengthened