The Special Tripartite Committee adopted:Amendments
The amendments were notified to member States on 26 June 2018, in accordance with Article XV, paragraph 6 of the MLC, 2006.
The period to express formal disagreement runs until 26 June 2020.
The amendments are expected to enter into force on 26 December 2020, in accordance with Article XV, paragraph 7 of the MLC, 2006.
- Resolution concerning action to be taken in relation to seafarer abandonment
- Resolution concerning amendments to the ILO flag State inspection and port State control guidelines to reflect amendments to the Code of the Maritime Labour Convention, 2006
- Resolution concerning decent work in the inland navigation sector
- Resolution concerning facilitation of shore leave and transit
- Resolution concerning improvements to the process for preparing proposals for amendments to the Code of the MLC, 2006
►Template for submitting proposals for amendments to the Code of the Maritime Labour Convention, 2006, as amended (MLC, 2006) in accordance with article XV
Report of the third meeting of the Special Tripartite Committee:
Information related to the Meeting:
- Draft programme of work
- Proposals for amendment to the Code of the Maritime Labour Convention, 2006, as amended (MLC, 2006) submitted by the group of Seafarer representatives in accordance with Article XV (23 August 2017)
- Proposal for the development of ILO guidelines outside the Maritime Labour Convention, 2006, as amended (MLC, 2006) submitted by the group of Shipowner representatives(26 August 2017)
Information for participants:
- Presentation on the work of the Committee of Experts (CEACR) on the MLC, 2006, as amended (Ms. L.I.Athanassiou)
- 2016 Concentrated Inspection Campaign on MLC, 2006 in the Paris MoU region (Secretariat of the Paris MoU on Port State Control)
- Information session on the implementation of the 2014 amendments to the MLC, 2006
- Information for governments on the record vote
- Amendment form
- Registrations forms for representatives and observers
- Practical information